Quantcast

Setting time zone

russellmcormond
This may be a silly question, but what is the right method to set the
timezone in a way that MojoMojo will pick it up?  Currently all times
are displayed as UTC, and I want to set to the local time zone.

Thank you

Re: Setting time zone

Marcus Ramberg
Hi. I am afraid there is no explicit time zone support in MojoMojo at the moment. It will display whatever timezone your server is set up with. Patches are welcome to improve this.

--
Marcus Ramberg
Chief Yak Shaver

On Monday, February 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Russell McOrmond wrote:

This may be a silly question, but what is the right method to set the
timezone in a way that MojoMojo will pick it up? Currently all times
are displayed as UTC, and I want to set to the local time zone.

Thank you

Re: Setting time zone

Mateu X Hunter
In  root/base/page/recent.tt one can find this:

    [% page.content.created.hms(":") %]

It could be changed to use Template::Plugin::Date like so

  [% USE date(format = '%H:%M:%S') %]
  [% date.format(page.content.created.epoch) %]

For me this changed the time from UTC to Local, but one could always add the offset manually if need be like:

  [% SET two_hours = 7200 %]
  [% date.format(page.content.created.epoch - two_hours) %]

- mateu

2011/2/10 Marcus Ramberg <[hidden email]>
Hi. I am afraid there is no explicit time zone support in MojoMojo at the moment. It will display whatever timezone your server is set up with. Patches are welcome to improve this.

--
Marcus Ramberg
Chief Yak Shaver
Nordaaker Consulting

On Monday, February 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Russell McOrmond wrote:

This may be a silly question, but what is the right method to set the
timezone in a way that MojoMojo will pick it up? Currently all times
are displayed as UTC, and I want to set to the local time zone.

Thank you

Re: Setting time zone

russellmcormond
Mateu X Hunter wrote
In  root/base/page/recent.tt one can find this:

    [% page.content.created.hms(":") %]

It could be changed to use Template::Plugin::Date like so

  [% USE date(format = '%H:%M:%S') %]
  [% date.format(page.content.created.epoch) %]
Thank you.  It might be ideal if this were a general setting somewhere, but this accomplishes what I'm looking for in the short term.