Quantcast

Setting default values while spawning MojoMojo database

Setting default values while spawning MojoMojo database

Johannes Plunien
Hi,

i've just implemented prompting user for default values while spawning
MojoMojos database:

plu@merkur ~/Development/mojomojo[master]$ perl script/
mojomojo_spawn_db.pl
Deploying schema to dbi:SQLite:mojomojo.db
It's time to set some default values:
Name of the wiki? [default MojoMojo]
Username of the admin user? [default admin]
Password of the admin user? [default admin]
Full name of the admin user? [default plu]
E-Mail address of the admin user? [default plu@localhost]
E-Mail address of the Anonymous user? [default plu@localhost]
Creating initial data
Success!

What do you think about it? If the user just presses return on each
question he'll get the defaults. The defaults are the ones that were
there before my change except for the email address ones. The email
address default is just $ENV{USER}@localhost.
Probably it's a bad idea to let the user change admins username and
password. Just let me know what you think about it.

Cheers,
plu

--
Johannes Plunien | mailto:[hidden email] | http://www.pqpq.de/contact/

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Setting default values while spawning MojoMojo database

dandv
Administrator
> What do you think about it?

The language could also default to the system's locale. I believe in
some MM versions, it defaulted to Japanese and confused a few users.

Dan

If God is good, why do 26000 children die each day?