Installing MojoMojo from FreeBSD's Ports

Installing MojoMojo from FreeBSD's Ports

SanzanZerg
Hi everyone,
    I wanted to install MojoMojo and determine if this CMS is the right one for me.  The problem is, I cannot figure out how to get it working.  I have checked the mojomojo.org web page including the installation and deployment section and also looked through this mailing list archives.  A Google search of "MojoMojo FreeBSD installation" and various other keywords does not give me anything useful.

    My system is a FreeBSD 7.2-release install with 512 megs of memory, 1ghz processor, and plenty of hard drive space.  Apache (which is not recommended by MojoMojo, but I know how to use it and prefer it) is installed and working correctly.  I went to the p5-MojoMojo port and ran "make install distclean", keeping all the default options checked.  Everything went smoothly and MojoMojo installed correctly (no errors all distfiles cleaned).

    I could not make sense of where the MojoMojo files are.  (I ran locate and find MojoMojo)  I found a few mojomojo_*.pl files (cgi, create, fastcgi, server, spawn_db, test) in the /usr/local/bin folder.  I could not find the mojomojo.conf file.  I also could not find instructions on how to deploy it on your website.  Also, during a locate, a work directory came up but when cd to that directory, it was not there. (/usr/ports/www/p5-MojoMojo/work/MojoMojo-0.999027/) [Work folder does not exist and in turn MojoMojo-0.999027 does not either.]

    Is there a step by step?  What files do I copy to my Apache data folder so I can host it online?  If I can get this installation working, I would definitely want to post this on your website so that other people using FreeBSD can install and use MojoMojo.

Thank you for your help.
Dang Hoang

PS Relevant Information:
System: 1ghz Pentium Processor, 512 Megs Ram, FreeBSD 7.2-Release OS
Port: /usr/ports/www/p5-MojoMojo
MojoMojo version 0.999027

Re: Installing MojoMojo from FreeBSD's Ports

dandv
Administrator
Hi Dang,

>    Is there a step by step?

You have probably seen the step-by-step list of commands to install
MojoMojo from GitHub:
http://mojomojo.org/documentation/installation#Installing_the_latest_build_from_GitHub

This way, files will end up in the mojomojo sudirectory of the
directory in which you run `git clone`.

>    I wanted to install MojoMojo and determine if this CMS is the right one
> for me.

The easiest way to evaluate MojoMojo is to run the built-in server
(thus avoiding deployment via Apache):
http://mojomojo.org/documentation/deployment#Deployment_without_a_web_server

Depending on your traffic, HTTP::Prefork may actually be solid enough
to not necessitate Apache; but if you do want to use Apache in front
of MojoMojo, please see
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/deployment/apache_fastcgi

> If I can get this installation working, I would
> definitely want to post this on your website so that other people using
> FreeBSD can install and use MojoMojo.

That would be great, and thanks in advance.

Dan

If God is good, why do 26000 children die each day?